- 29 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 29 Feb 2024
- 2 Minutes to read
After you create a project, upload images to it. LandingLens will train a model based on the images you upload and label.
Supported Files Types
- PNG (recommended)
- MPO: An MPO file is a Multi-Picture Object file. It contains two JPG files that create a stereoscopic image when overlaid. When you upload an MPO file to LandingLens, LandingLens selects one of the two JPG files.
- Pascal VOC: Available only for Object Detection projects. Pascal VOC is a file type for images labeled in LandingLens or an external application. This file format includes the label details and tells the platform where a label is on the associated image. For more information, go to Upload Labeled Images to Object Detection Projects.
There is no maximum image size for Object Detection, Classification, and Visual Prompting projects. In other words, you can upload images of any size to these projects.
Segmentation projects do have a maximum image size. That size is based on your LandingLens plan:
- Enterprise: 36MP
- Free, Starter, Visionary: 984KP
Number of Images in a Project
The number of images you can upload to a project depends on the project type:
- Object Detection, Segmentation, and Classification: You can upload up to 10,000 images to a project.
- Visual Prompting: You can upload up to 20 images to a project. For more information, go to Visual Prompting.
Number of Images Required for a Project
You must upload and label at least 10 images before training a model.
Since every project is different, there is no recommended number of images for the project. The optimal number of images for your project generally depends on these factors:
- How elaborate the object to identify is
- How many types of objects there are
- How the object looks
For example, a phone with a cracked screen would require fewer images than a printed circuit board with several intricate parts.
LandingLens offers the following methods for uploading images to your project. Click the hyperlink for each method to learn more.
- Drag and drop: Select the files or folders you want to upload, and drag and drop them into an Upload pop-up window or directly into the project.
- Upload images from a directory: Some Upload pop-up windows offer the option to select files from a directory. Select the files or folders you want to upload and click Open.
- Upload sample images: If you haven't added any images to a project, you have the option to upload a sample dataset. To add the sample images, click Load Sample Data and select a dataset. The available datasets are based on the project type.
- Take photos with your webcam: Click the Webcam option and take photos with your computer webcam.
- Upload images from your phone: Choose this option to generate a QR code in LandingLens. Scan that code with your smart phone, and then upload images from your phone directly to your project.
- Upload labeled images to Object Detection projects: Upload images in the Pascal VOC file format.
- Upload labeled images to Segmentation projects: Upload images with Segmentation masks.
- Upload images via LandingEdge: Upload images with LandingEdge, the edge deployment solution from Landing AI.
Upload Images to a New Project vs. a Project that Already Has Images
If you haven't uploaded images to a project yet, all of the upload options appear directly on the project page.
After you've uploaded images to a project, click the Upload icon to see the upload options. Or, you can drag and drop images directly into the project page.